Westwind Aviation is offering three courses at Friday Harbor Airport. Contact them at 360-378-6991 to learn more.
#1 – The IFR Refresher is January 7. 9am-12pm. Dan Schwartz will be teaching the class.
• Review of regulations: certification of pilot, airplane, when clearances required, airspace, inspections, and more
• Review of weather resources available for IFR flight planning and for “getting the big picture.”
• Introduction to the ICAO format for flight plans (to which we’ll be changing early in 2017).
• Low altitude IFR en-route charts/approach plates — how to brief them, “gotchas” hidden on the plates, missed approach procedures, inoperative components and their effect upon visibility requirements.
Cost: Class is $99 and includes a one-hour simulator session. A great deal!
#2 – The AOPA Rusty Pilot Seminar will be February 4. 10am to 1pm.
AOPA has put together a fun, interactive program to provide the information pilots need to get current again. But there will be topics that every pilot would be interested in.
• hot-button issues like medical reforms, weather briefings, preflight planning, FARs, and airspace.
• weather (METARs and TAFs), pilot responsibilities, runway incursion avoidance, radio procedures, airspace and much more.
• three hours of ground training toward your Flight Review.
Cost: The Rusty Pilot seminar is FREE for AOPA members. We will have an AOPA link shortly for sign-up. Non-Members can join AOPA and attend the seminar for free! For more information about becoming an AOPA member, click here. The seminar fee is $69 if you choose not to join AOPA.
#3 – Ground School Training for a Twin Engine Rating will be held on January 14.